Pithas are very common in Odisha. In a festive season these are the must. Among the long list of pithas , “Podo Pitha” became famous ,the signature dish during Raja Celebration which occurs in month of June.Similarly Enduri Pitha which are must on Prathamasthami celebration in winter. This particular rice dumplings are steamed using turmeric leaves or banana leaves .I have taken this traditional Enduri Pitha a level up by infusing fresh Mango in it. The result is really delicious with fresh creamy pulp in each bite.
Let’s make this Mango stuffed Rice dumplings
- Mix rice flour,mango pulp,baking soda and salt.Keep this mixture for
- fermentation for atleast 4 hour .Add sugar if you want more sweetness.
- Once the mixture is fermented add grated coconut,fennle and mix well.
- Cut banana leaves into rectangular sizes (more to 8*10 inch size).
- Take one sheet and put 1/4 tsp ghee and spread well with finger tips.
- Take 4 to 5 tbsp batter and place in the middle.
- Add few mango slices in the centre on top of batter and fold the leaf at centre .
- In a steamer cook it for around 10 minute.Let it cool a bit and serve hot or cold.